Sunday, March 28, 2010

D- rated movies seem to capture the wondering eye

A few days ago my mother, whom I love dearly, made me sit through 2 and 1/2hrs of torture. And not the kind of torture like when a poor, innocent animal is getting slaughtered but torture as in a movie. A movie that was so horrific I cringed through most of it. The movie was "Streetfighter: The Legend of Chun Li" and it was based in Thailand.I would give a quick summary but I would probably never finish this post. Not that I don't mind watching movies that have some great kicking-booty but come one honestly this script was atrocious.

The movie starred Kristin Kreuk( Smallville), Chris Klien (ex of Katie Holmes-Cruise) and the voice of Pocahontas. Yes I cannot remember the other names because I have been trying to get rid of that horrible plot for the past few days now. The only reason why my mom got this movie was because of 2 very good reasons: #1 She likes the actress Kristin Kreuk, #2 She likes those type of Kung-Fu movies. I also do enjoy those action packed movies but this movie was leaning on the side of Glitter and Twilight. Yes, (gasp) I am calling Twilight bad, but that is for a later post.

But in actuality I like those types of movies that do not even get to see the daylight of the movie theater. They get the pleasure of going straight to DVD's that cost like $9.99. I like them because when I am feeling down or upset I pop in a DVD i know will make me laugh even when it's not a comedy. Some may say that I have no idea what the heck I am talking about. I have no experience in movies and I have no idea what is good. True but I have seen my fair share of movies and this one is not one for the books.

Not trying to be mean here I mean there is tons of other bloggers and critics that would literally poke fun at how fast Chris Klein's career has gone down hill or how Kristin Kreuk desperately wanted to escape television and try her hand at movies. And now look where she is, she is gonna be doing a pilot for CBS but after she was a regular on the NBC show Chuck. I am simply pointing out that these talented actors, whom many claimed would be great, have turned out to be just C-rated actors. Trying to get a job that will lift their careers back to the top once more. While kids who are just turning 16 are taking their place as A-listers.

I have no idea what this madness is coming to but it seems we gotta give those actors a bit more credit because I have come to the realization. It's not the actors but something the writers are smoking is making this script reek of horribleness.

K.T

No comments:

Post a Comment