Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Live performances

This blog post is dedicated to my clever mother. She asked me to write about why at concerts do people need to constantly scream?


It is a fair question I think. The average citizen pays an obsene amount of money and struggles to find parking to watch one of their favorite artists perform all their greatests hits. But you can't truly enjoy the performance or the live music because some crazy fan girl or guy is busy screaming the lyrics in your ears. I personally have only been to 2 concerts in my 16 years of actual appreciation of the music industry. But those concerts girls and guys were just screaming and screaming and it doesn't help that the artist actually tries to talk to the audience. I mean please you cannot hear a word they are saying and most of the time they are too small so you have to look up at a big screen.

But the audience members seem to think, in my opinion, that if you scream loud enough the artist will some how notice you and acknowledge you. But let's get real, these artist do not really care if you scream because they are probably thinking "Hmm now why are they screaming at me? Makes no sense." Or I may be wrong, but all I am blogging is this: If I pay for a concert ticket and my seats are semi-ok, I really want to listen to and appreciate the music I am paying for. It may be boring if everyone in the stadium was quite and I understand that you want to express your voice but please you do not have to scream at every word that comes out of their mouth.

My final words is this, that is why I choose listening to my I-Pod really loud over concerts because at least the music is going straight into my soul and I don't have to deal with the crazy fans. It's more intimate and doesn't everyone like intimacy?

Peace & Love--Spread it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment